EVENT PRODUCER (FREELANCE)
Prototype MKTG is a creative marketing agency that creates engaging experiences that connect people to brands through experiential/event, digital and multicultural marketing. We believe in experiences, the things that connect us to each other and brands. Experiences have the effect of making people feel. As Maya Angelou said, “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” We’ve had the pleasure of working with top companies throughout the iterations of the agency, such as McDonalds, Rolls-Royce, MoCADA, Old Spice, J. Crew and more.
Prototype MKTG is looking for a seasoned Event Producer based in NYC to join our small, on a freelance-to-permanent basis! The Producer will be responsible for leading and owning the production and client management of small to medium-scale experiential marketing projects from kick-off through completion. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, highly organized, able to think strategically and quickly, solution-oriented and a strong communicator (both in written and verbal communication). The ability to thrive as part of a team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment is critical for this role. Specific responsibilities include: event sourcing, investment evaluation, sponsorship negotiation, budget creation management, event staffing, vendor communications, timeline management, asset logistics, and on-site execution. Events range in size, scale, and timing, and Event Producers will organize and coordinate multiple sized events simultaneously. We are looking for cultural, community, and local awareness, with the ability to connect brands with the right events while maximizing consumer satisfaction and brand relevance. This role reports directly to Prototype MKTG’s President and will be based out of New York City.
- Oversee event planning and activation within designated marketing region, ensuring all activation deliverables are met Source event opportunities that align with brand goals
- Activate events according to brand guidelines and ensure execution is consistent with brand standards
- Coordinate staffing and logistics for all non-premise brand experiences (event staffing, asset transportation, product delivery)
- Lead on-site production and provide experienced on-site PM to lead (asset facilitation, consumer sampling, hospitality, content capture)
- Be the contact for clarification, decisions concerning development items, troubleshooting, and issue escalation
- Manage local storage and inventory of event assets, POS and general event supplies
- Work with all vendors, including insurance carriers
- Procure permits, civic documents, and all other permits / paperwork required for events
- Responsible for post event recaps, feedback, goal event data recaps and insights on all events
- Partner with event organizers and negotiate event sponsorships that maximize brand impact and value
- Oversee client and partner communication, challenges, and solutions
- Manage pre / during / post event communications, ensuring any issues or changes that might affect events are escalated or approved through proper channels and documented
- Manage event budget creation, implementation, expense tracking and management, and reporting
- Help manage the PO system and project budget tracking
- Provide budgetary input to the Regional Director on event cost expenditures per event
- Oversee team of regional Associate Producers (may or may not be applicable)
- Hire and manage a local team of part-time event staff (production assistants, brand ambassadors, specialists)
- Ensure activation is planned for and performed in compliance with state event regulations, local sampling laws, company policies, and client marketing codes
- Evaluate local market sponsorship opportunities and local event alignments against brand goals
- Meet with Associate Producers to ensure and enforce activation scopes are achieved
- Ensure that part-time event staff are understanding of activation goals and local compliance
- 4+ years of experience producing experiential / event production projects within a marketing or communications environment
- Experience tying our strategy and sponsorship to experiential events.
- Experience in at least one additional specialized area such as: stage production, lighting technology and design, transportation, set fabrication or décor styling
- Organizational and coordinating abilities
- Managed numerous events and timelines simultaneously
- Anticipated obstacles and created solutions
- Have thrived in a fast-paced dynamic work environment (this is not a 9 to 5 job)
- College graduate (BA or BS) or equivalent work experience
- Daily Use/Knowledge of: Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint, Keynote
- General understanding of Sketchup or AutoCAD
- Flexible to accommodate work travel statewide and are already familiar with the market in which you’re applying
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Prototype MKTG (the “Company”) is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.
TO APPLY, EMAIL YOUR RESUME AND ANY OTHER SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS TO CAREERS@PROTOTYPEMKTG.COM